Thursday, August 11, 2011

Riding Beldrac

 
I whisper his name to the breeze:

"Beldrac"

like a white wraith he comes

and stands waiting

for my unspoken command

 

thunder roars applause as we soar to the sky

two like souls

clutching a dream

like a tattered letter

that still says I Love You

no matter how frayed the words

 

I cling tightly

laughing at the moon

that seems locked in orbit

as we race comets to a Heaven

that only exists

for true believers

 

faster than time

his wings beat a song

forgotten in the mists

of legend's crusade

yet etched in stardust

for all to hear

 

solar wind brings tears

to his silvery eyes

and they land on my lips

tasting like every kiss

ever stolen

in the dark of night

 

we laugh in rapture

as the stars rain

silver bullets around us

shooting wishes

dubbing me Andromeda

to reward our stellar flight

 

we leap the black holes

and dodge comet tails

so I spur him upward

as Utopia comes in sight -

another sleepless night.- Graeme King

No comments:

Post a Comment